Starting a Legacy Society.
A Legacy Society is a formal recognition program that thanks those who have given to your church and encourages others to consider a gift.
There are many ways to show appreciation for your donors depending on the needs of your congregation and resources available to you. Examples of this type of donor recognition include:
- Visiting donors at home and inviting them to join the church’s Legacy Society
- Sending a brochure with a response card to past and new donors
- Publishing the names of new donors or Legacy Society members in the church newsletter
- Inviting donors to a special appreciation dinner once a year
- Asking donors to speak from their own experience about their decisions concerning stewardship
Donors who feel appreciated and understand the impact their planned gift will have on the future of their church often expand their scope of giving. In addition, their example to others is the most decisive force in the success of a planned giving program.