Purposeful contributions through market-based investments.
Make an investment that aligns with your congregation's vision of a better world.
Overview of Investment Funds Offered by TMF
TMF offers a unique menu of fund portfolios (listed below) designed specifically to enable charitable organizations -- with purposes in alignment with the Wesleyan tradition – to achieve their long-term investment objectives.
TMF Balanced Portfolios
The three Balanced Portfolios offered by TMF are constructed primarily for consideration by fiduciaries of endowment funds and trust funds seeking prudent levels of diversification, growth, income, protection from inflation, and risk over long-term time horizons.
- TMF Conservative Portfolio - It is intended that the TMF Conservative Portfolio will typically allocate between 35% and 45% of assets to equities and between 55% and 65% to fixed income instruments, notes, and cash equivalents. To view the most recent report detailing the composition of the TMF Conservative Portfolio, please click here.
- TMF Balanced Portfolio - It is intended that the TMF Balanced Portfolio will typically allocate 60% and 70% of assets to equities and between 30% and 40% to fixed income instruments, notes, and cash equivalents. To view the most recent report detailing the composition of the TMF Balanced Portfolio, please click here.
- TMF Aggressive Portfolio - It is intended that the TMF Aggressive Portfolio will typically allocate between 75% and 85% of assets to equities and between 15% and 25% to fixed income instruments, notes, and cash equivalents. To view the most recent report detailing the composition of the TMF Aggressive Portfolio, please click here.
The Wespath funds are advised by Wespath Institutional Investments, a not-for-profit investment management subsidiary of Wespath Benefits and Investments (WBI), a general agency of The United Methodist Church that was founded in 1908. Wespath Benefits and Investments (WBI) oversees over $21 billion in assets on behalf of over 100,000 retirement plan participants and over 130 United Methodist-affiliated institutions. TMF offers the following five Wespath funds. For detailed information on these funds, please visit their website at https://www.wespath.com/home.html.
- Earn long-term capital appreciation from a broadly diversified portfolio of primarily U.S. stocks
- Holds securities of publicly-traded U.S. based real estate investment trusts (REITs), limited partnership interests in private U.S. real estate and other private investments (venture capital, buyouts, etc.) of U.S. companies
- Holds equity index futures of U.S. stock indexes
- Earn current income by investing in a broadly diversified portfolio of fixed-income instruments
- Holds publicly traded U.S. fixed-income securities, and fixed-income securities denominated in currencies other than the U.S. dollar
- Holds privately placed loans originated by the Positive Social Purpose Lending Program (e.g., affordable housing and community development loans)
- Seeks to provide investors with current income and protect principal from loss of purchasing power due to inflation
- Holds a combination of U.S. and foreign fixed income securities
- Also invests in commodity futures contracts and holds senior secured loans
- Seeks to earn long-term capital appreciation primarily from a broadly diversified portfolio of foreign equities
- Holds real estate investment trusts (REITs) and interests in private real estate and private equity partnerships located in foreign countries
- Seeks to maximize long-term investment returns, including current income and capital appreciation, while reducing short-term risk by investing in a broad mix of investments
- Holds a pre-specified allocation of units of the following Wespath funds: Fixed Income Fund (FIF), Inflation Protection Fund (IPF), International Equity Fund (IEF) and U.S. Equity Fund (USEF)